Sunday, April 5, 2009

Jean Jones 5K Run

Yesterday I ran a 5k with a few friends from my neighborhood around the Ole' Miss campus. It was really cold before the race started, but luckily it warmed up quickly. I hate to run in the cold! It was a relatively hillly run but the grounds around the campus are so green and pretty! It was rather enjoyable.

Anyhow, the race was in honor of a professor who worked for the University. She died of cancer in 1997. I thought it was for a neat cause. The proceeds went to help further the research of cancer. I got a sticker that said "I am running for..." and I filled in the blank with, "Grandma Harr." My Grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple of years ago and now is a survivor of it. However, she was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer. She is an amazingly strong woman with such a huge heart. I am so impressed by her positive attitude and her great example of giving and caring for others. I love her very much and am so grateful for our relationship.

Here is the only picture I have of Christian and I after the race!

1 comment:

Melinda H. said...

Good for you and your running! We have a heartrun coming up at the end of April. I love to run, especially if it's for a good cause. Your little guy is growing up so fast. He'll probably be 10 before I ever meet him. Are you planning on coming to Utah for the harr reunion in July?

Thanks for your sweet comment on my last post. It's awesome people like you that make times like that bearable! Thank you!

I heard a rumor that Lauren is having a little girl? Tell her congrats, she doesn't keep up on her blog or else I would. Keara says that you guys facebook, so maybe you could tell her there.