Saturday, November 29, 2008

Yummy Turkey!

Well, Thanksgiving away from family is never easy. However, our new friends who are members in the ward here in Oxford made it a little easier for us. :0)
We were invited by a couple in our ward (Paul & Cindee) that have 2 adorable kids (David & Eden) to celebrate Thanksgiving in their home. They invited another couple (Ben & Katie) that we have become good friends with. It turned out wonderful!
Jared and I made pumpkin, apple, lemon meringue, and banana pie. Well, actually, Jared made most of them...I'm not sure what I was doing!

The pies turned out pretty well, with exception to my apple pie. It was huge like a volcano, I'm not even kidding! There were so many apples that after it baked, the apples sunk down into the bottom crust and under the top crust it was just air, no apples! So it turned out kind of weird. I'm going to have to try it again another time to perfect it!
We were in charge of the drinks. So Jared had this idea; we froze pineapple and cran-rasberry juice in ice cube trays and put them in sprite. Pretty tasty! And Jared made his stuffed mushrooms that he loves so much.

And of course we forgot our camera! But Cindee took some pictures for us, so we'll see if we get those pictures developed...
After the dinner we all met over at another family's home in our ward who hosted a little game and dessert party. We had a fun time and enjoyed getting to know a few of the younger couples in the ward.

Earlier Thanksgiving morning Jared made the cutest indian hat for Christian and he took some pictures of it. So I thought I would post them and a few others.
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! We are excited to go home for Christmas and for everyone to meet baby Christian, or should I say, CJ? That's what everyone is calling him now. At first I wasn't too keen on the nick name but now I've decided, what the heck? Why not?





8 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the hat! He is so adorable, and Jared is quite the domestic diva! In a manly way of course! Your pies sound good and so do your drinks.
If you have time I would love to see you while you are in town, Noah has surgery the 29th so anytime before then, just let me know.

Michele said...

Kristin-
I am so glad that you had a good Thanksgiving. It is hard away from family, I know! CJ is so stinkin' cute! Hope all continues to go well for all of you!

Michele

Jenna said...

I can't wait to kiss those cheeks!!!

Ellie said...

We're so excited to see you guys! We loved the pics of your cute little guy.

Whitney said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I have been looking for your blog forever! Christian is so adorable! How old is he now? I am so glad I found you with the help of Rachael!

Jared and Kristin said...

Whitney-
How fun! You found my blog!
He is a little over 2 months old now. It's so fun to be a mom!
How is Taelee? Is that right? I can't remember how to spell her name. You should put me on your blog list so I can see yours too!
Hope you are doing well and enjoying the holidays!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen!! Yeah, I'm at BYU, but I will be transferring to Dixie so that I can save money by living at home. I'm going to carpool with one of my friends so we can save gas money too! Yeah, that BYU vs. Utah game was rough! Actually, I was at walmart like two days ago, and I guess the guy behind me was Max Hall, because someone asked if he was, and then talked about the game :) The pictures of your little guy are sooo cute!!

Doni said...

Kristin- Your little one is the cutest ever!!! p.s. I am blogally challenged so you can find mine at timanddoni.blogspot.com now.