Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Night Out On the Town

Tonight Jared and I really needed to get out of the house. It had been really rainy and bleak all day. My mom had her birthday yesterday so I had a good excuse to go into town to get her a fun gift. Jared is not a shopper at all so I had to twist his arm...but he came! We went to "the square" which is right by Ole Miss campus and is a popular place to shop. I hadn't been there yet, and was looking forward to walking through some of the stores to see what they had. It is such a cute place to shop! It reminds me of Jackson Hole and a little bit like Park City. Jared had me on a time limit of one hour to find a present. (This was the only way I got him to come!) He said he was going to make me go to Home Depot and walk around for an hour afterwards. Ha-ha! ") I ended up finding a really unique gift I thought. (Can't say what it was just in case my mom reads this.)


Then we went to this really neat restaurant in Taylor which is about 20 minutes away from where we now live. We were looking forward to eating there because we had heard great things about their catfish and fun atmosphere. It's in a little Podunk town and had southern written all over the outside and inside. I felt so dumb that we forgot the camera! We should have taken some pictures. It really was a memorable evening. The waitress forgot all about my salad and served a huge group of touring old ladies first...which kind of had me irritated, and the piece of chicken I ordered was charcoal black and as dry as could be! Yuck. I'm not usually one to complain but it was not edible! So the service and the food was not top notch. But it was fun to experience a real southern restaurant. Jared seemed to like his blackened cat fish and french fries, so that was good! But next time we are hungry, we wont be eating there. ")

7 comments:

Jacob and Jenny Mitchell said...

Kristin i really like your blog! I found it on your facebook check! I also love your house its really cute! Hope everything is well!

Ellie said...

Yum...sounds delicious! J/k... I'm glad you have a cute town to shop in! I love shopping in older towns like Park City. They're so fun. Oh...and we have a present for you guys so we need your address to send it to...

Heather said...

I bet you were so ready for a break from putting your house together. I bet it is coming along great! I'm excited to see more pics from it

Michele said...

So sorry your food was not great! I think it's worse when you are pregnant to have a bad dining experience, because your tired, hungry and just want your food. Well, glad you had a good experience though.

Jessi said...

oh yay!! you have a blog! i do too. i'll add you to mine. so good to see what you are up to these days. it has been way to long since i've talked to you!!

Lindsay Thacker said...

Oh my goodness i just looked at your baby counter and you are SO close!!!! You have to put of pics soon as you can. Im so excited for you guys. Its the best thing in the world.

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

We'll have to get you back to Taylor Grocery, and have the fried Catfish. That is what they are known for and what is best there :) Also, it is closer to our houses than that, but it is a "back way" :) Gotta love the south!