Sunday, August 17, 2008

MISSISSIPPI

We're in Mississippi! Jared has been here in Oxford, MS for a little over 2 weeks. They drove across the country in a big Penske truck with all our stuff. On their way they were able to visit a few church history sites, so that was fun for them. Some good bonding time I think.
He got us all moved in with the help of his dad. Thank you Frank for your help! I am so lucky to have Jared as my husband! He worked so hard to get everything put together for when I got here. He did a fabulous job.

This is the Winter Quarters Nebraska temple that Jared and his dad visited.



This is Liberty Jail in Missouri. Another church site Jared was able to visit.

While Jared was hard at work getting us settled, I stayed with my mom and dad for about a week and a half to see my little sister get married. I had planned on helping but the week of the wedding I had a Dr.'s appointment that was a little scary. I went in at 32 weeks for a prenatal check up. I was a little concerned that the baby wasn't moving as much as I was used to but didn't think too much of it. They did an ultrasound and it turned out that my amniotic fluid was pretty low. They put me on bed rest and regular testing twice a week...the day before Jared was supposed to leave! We still had sooo much to pack and clean that night! I was not happy about it. But what do you do when your baby is at risk? Jared and my mom were so great. They packed and cleaned everything while I sat in bed with a book. I've never felt so helpless and guilty before. My little brothers also were so sweet to carry stuff to the Penske as well as clean. I was so so greatful! Thank you family for you help! It was a crazy time, but somehow they got everything packed and Jared left the next afternoon.

Me at about 30 weeks prego!



My mom was so great to take care of me while I stayed with her. She waited on me hand and foot and took me to all of my Dr. visits. She never let me get up to do anything! It's so great to have such a wonderful mom! I had a great time hanging out with my family. It was like I had never left! I miss them so much. But this will be a fun adventure for Jared and I. Luckily, my mom will be out in a few weeks, to be followed by my sweet mother-in-law. It will be nice to have help with the baby.

Lauren's wedding went well as did the reception. Congratulations Laur and Mason! Oh! And also congrats to Scott and Heather!
I arrived just this last Monday. It is a beautiful area. It is very green with trees and with that comes a lot of rain! We live about 15 minutes from town and the campus. Our house is darling! We are so blessed to be able to have our own home. Jared did such a great job picking it out!
This is our house!

Unfortunately I've been on bed rest for the last three weeks so I have been unable to see or do much. I am really going crazy I think. I am ready for this baby to come now! I am 35 weeks now. I can't believe the baby is almost going to be here! Jared and I are very excited and can't wait to see what he looks like!
I'm going call it a night. Now you'll be wishng that I never updated my blog! Ha-ha! I'll update ya'll when I've seen more of this fun little town!

5 comments:

Ellie said...

OK...I'm soooo glad you got there and everything was good! Your little bro made it sound like you were going to have to have the baby here. Your house is darling and you look so cute prego! Keep us updated!!!

Ellie said...

...and I need yours or Jared's e-mail to send you an invite to our blog. you can e-mail it to me. Mine is marilyn.cutler@gmail.com.

Heather said...

Yay you made it! Your house is adorable, I hope we can come out and see you sometime! Good luck with the next few weeks :) We wish you could have been at the wedding, we missed you!

Michele said...

Kristin!
I am so glad that you wrote on my blog. I was actually thinking about you the other day and wondering when that baby was coming! I am so sad you are moved, but glad that you made it there safely. I can't wait to see what your baby will look like, and boys are fun! They're so easy! Talk to you soon and I love your house!

Megan said...

You are so cute Pregnant! How are you doing??? How have you been? Hope everything goes well with having the baby!