Thursday, September 18, 2008

He is here!

Oh my goodness! Our little baby Christian is finally here! He is so beautiful.
Jared was so great to post all of the pictures and I thought I would add a little about our baby...I am still waiting in the hospital this morning while he has his circumcision. "(
My water broke Tuesday morning at about 7:40 and I knew then that he was coming soon! We ran around the house with our heads cut off trying to put everything together last minute. Ha-ha! We got to the hospital and registered in the ER where they brought me a wheel chair to get me to L&D. Yadda yadda yadda.... they hooked me up to IV's and things, took vitals, and low and behold I start contracting. Ahhhh! Awful. The pitosin they gave me increased the contractions and the intensity of them. So with my eager consent they gave me stadol intravenously which made me absolutely crazy, but took some edge off the contractions. Thankfully I can be excused from my wild behavior while on the stadol. So you wont be offended when I tell you that I swore at the nurses who took my blood and swore a couple times while receiving the epidural. (Which doesn't make sense, that blessed man-who could cuss at the man who uses magic to make the pain go away?) Bless his heart! I told him I was LDS and that I was sad to say I was being a bad example. He and the nurses laughed at that. Pretty much due to the stadol, whatever I was thinking in my head, I expressed vocally to everyone.
After the epidural I was as pleasant as a peach. I didn't feel a thing! It was absolutely fabulous. Jared was my wonderful coach the entire time. Without him I don't know what I would have done! I love him so much!
A few hours after the epidural I was dilated to a 10 and ready to push that baby out! 20 minutes later, out comes our beautiful baby Christian!!! It was such a wonderful experience. I just can't describe the amount of love I felt immediately upon seeing him. It is such a miracle. I know Jared felt the same way. He was at my side the whole time but once that baby was out, he was at his side! He loves that baby so much!
Our baby is not quite 2 days old yet and already his features seem to be changing and he is taking on a little personality of his own. I have to say that I don't want these moments to ever end. I love this time with my husband and new baby. We will never get them back. However, I know we have wonderful new experiences to look forward to with our baby. I just don't want him to grow up! We will take so many pictures now that he is here! This is such a precious time in our lives.
Anyhow...just thought I would share that with everyone. He is absolutely beautiful. Wish you could all be here. We love you. ")

3 comments:

Ellie said...

We're so happy for you guys! He's such an adorable baby! And your story totally cracked me up...

Jenna said...

Kristin you are so funny! I wish I could have been there to hear you swear at the nurses, but knowing our family I'm sure I'll hear the story over and over again because nobody never lets you forget anything you do that's crazy or funny. Anyway we love all of you and wish that we could hold little Christian. Give him a BIG kiss and tell him that his new favorite aunt and uncle love him! Brinley does too.

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

Congratulations Y'all and welcome to the world baby Christian! We look foward to watching him grow!

The Peterson Family!